- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The four-part mini revolves around the infamous Depression-era bank-robbing pair, with Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild) playing Clyde Barrow, the charismatic armed robber who sweeps Bonnie Parker (The Borgias‘ Holliday Grainger) off her feet.
Hyland will play Blanche Barrow, the wife of Clyde’s brother Buck (Lane Garrison) and the famed outlaw’s partner in crime in the Barrow Gang. She joins a cast that also includes Oscar winner William Hurt as Frank Hamer, a Texas Ranger known for his involvement in tracking and killing the 1930s outlaws, and Academy Award winner Holly Hunter will as Emma Parker, Bonnie’s mother.
The Lifetime/History project, the first of its kind to air on both AETN networks, is being produced by Smash EPs and Oscars producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan, who are set up at Sony Pictures Television.
For Hyland, the casting continues her relationship with Lifetime, for whom she’ll next star in the cable network’s original movie Call Me Crazy: A Five Film. Hyland is repped by WME, RK Management and Ginsburg Daniels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day