- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kent will adapt his own novel — the first in a series of thrillers following the adventures of intelligence agent Joe Dempsey, Irish lawyer Michael Devlin and American television journalist Sarah Truman — for TV, leading a writers room for the series. Jones will executive produce through Liberty Films, the London- and L.A.-based shingle he runs with his regular producing partner Stuart Fenegan.
Killer Intent will be Liberty Films’ first foray into television.
“It’s an extraordinary honor to have Duncan Jones and Liberty Films adapting Killer Intent for TV,” Kent said in a statement. “I’m absolutely blown away to be working with such outstanding talent, particularly as I have been a big fan going right back to the release of Moon almost 10 years ago.”
Fenegan, who also will act as executive producer on the series, picked up the rights to Killer Intent ahead of the book’s release earlier this year. The novel is published by Elliott & Thompson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion