- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mr. T is ready to tear down your house.
The former A-Team star has signed on to host a home renovation series called I Pity the Tool for DIY Network, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The show — which landed a straight-to-series order at the network — will see Mr. T and his famed Mohawk destroying outdated spaces to give families beautifully remodeled rooms. Each episode of the series will see Mr. T and his team — including HGTV Design Star winner and interior designer Tiffany Brooks break down walls and tear out old rooms to give a family a home makeover.
The series, produced by The Michael Group (Underground BBQ Challenge), will debut in 2015.
I Pity the Tool — which takes its name from Mr. T’s famed “I pity the fool” expression — joins a roster of celebrity-focused renovation series on DIY including The Vanilla Ice Project, Daryl’s Restoration Over-Hall (Daryl Hall), The Shatner Project (William Shatner) and Rev Run’s Renovation (Run DMC’s Rev Run).
For Mr. T, the DIY series marks his latest nonscripted foray following TV Land’s uplifting advice entry I Pity the Fool.
Mr. T is repped by Paul G. Joseph.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live