- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MRC is filling out its executive ranks.
The studio has hired Legendary Television’s Peter Johnson as its new president of TV development. In the role, the veteran producer and executive will oversee the development and selling of MRC’s television projects. He will report to co-CEO Modi Wiczyk and COO Scott Tenley.
The news of Johnson’s move follows another recent hire at MRC. Earlier this year, former CBS executive Sebastian Gibbs joined the company as vice president of television following Erin Jontow’s departure to Amazon.
Johnson spent four years as executive vp scripted development for Legendary Television, where he oversaw shows including USA Network’s Colony and Netflix’s Love, as well as upcoming series such as Netflix’s Lost in Space and Hulu’s Looming Tower. Previously, he served as president of television and digital media at McG’s Wonderland Sound & Vision, executive producing such shows as Supernatural, Chuck and The OC.
MRC first put Netflix on the map with House of Cards, which will return for its fifth season on May 30. The studio’s television portfolio also includes Netflix’s Jason Bateman comedy Ozark, Starz’s J.K. Simmons drama Counterpart and Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s TV debut The One Percent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant