- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At a time when media companies are working to elevate women and root out systemic discrimination, MSNBC president Phil Griffin announced internally on Thursday that Colleen King and Tina Urbanski have been promoted to the executive producer level, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
King will be upped from her role as a senior producer for The 11th Hour with Brian Williams. Urbanski is getting bumped up from senior producer to co-executive producer, with Court Harson, of Hardball with Chris Matthews. She began her career at the network as Matthews’ assistant and rose the ranks.
Griffin called King and Urbanski “two of our best.”
Pat Burkey previously executive-produced 11th Hour and will continue producing afternoon show Deadline: White House, in addition to working with Williams on breaking news.
Hardball co-executive producer and 19-year network veteran Ann Klenk is retiring. “Ann is a core member of the MSNBC team, and her spirit and dedication are unparalleled,” Griffin said. “We wish her the best in all her future endeavors.”