- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — The 2013 MTV EMAs will switch from a German to a Dutch accent.
Organizers of the 20th European Music Awards will rock out from Amsterdam later this year after hosting the festivities last year in Frankfurt.
The 2013 MTV EMAs will broadcast live November 10 from the Ziggo Dome.
“We’re very excited to partner with the city of Amsterdam, a true world-class music city and top destination for artists,” said Bruce Gillmer, executive VP of talent and music programming/events, Viacom International Media Networks.
“We’re confident that Amsterdam, and the cutting-edge Ziggo Dome, with its state-of-the-art facilities, will be the perfect setting for what will be a very memorable and spectacular 2013 MTV EMA,” added Gillmer.
Added City of Amsterdam Vice Mayor Carolien Gehrels: “This is great news for the city for a number of reasons: It promises to be an exciting event for young people and music-lovers in the city, it will provide opportunities for businesses in these difficult economic times, and it will allow Amsterdam to raise its international profile. A great event at an ideal moment.”
The late Whitney Houston was among the honorees during the 2012 MTV European Music Awards in Frankfurt, being honored with the global icon award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day