- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Do friends really make the best lovers?
MTV will attempt to answer that question with its new series FriendZone, from Jersey Shore boss SallyAnn Salsano and Joel Zimmer of 495 Productions. FriendZone follows real-life young people attempting to turn their relationships from that of best friends to something more. View an exclusive first look at the series, premiering Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 7:00 pm ET/PT, in the clip above.
Each person will ask their best friend to be a wingman on an upcoming blind date, helping to plan the perfect rendezvous. Once the big date arrives, the dater will confess his or her feelings for their unsuspecting partner and risk the possibility of losing their pal forever — or gaining a new significant other.
James DeSimas is the developing the series for MTV and Jennifer Russakoff is the executive in charge of production for the network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day