- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV screened the trailer for its “Teen Wolf” reboot which looks pretty much nothing like the 1985 film starring Michael J. Fox.
That’s good, by the way. Any praise for the original “Teen Wolf” is, lets face it, mostly driven by nostalgia.
Yet critics hammered on this point: Why bother calling the show “Teen Wolf” if its so different?
After some meandering, executive producer Jeff Davis said, “You cant dismiss the power of branding.” While programming president Tony DiSanto added, “the idea of actually taking a brand like that and turning it on it’s head is very much what MTV is about.”
Also, this will be “more of a sexier, sleek werewolf, that’s not as hairy” said star Tyler Posey.
MTV then showed a trailer for its reboot of “Skins” which, based on this brief look, at least, seemed a bit more grim and bleak than the original.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day