- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ke$ha will continue to document her Crazy Beautiful Life. MTV announced Friday that it has picked up a second season of the six-part reality series that premiered earlier this year, simultaneously revealing that the cable network has similar plans for Miley Cyrus.
Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life launched in April as a late-night entry for the network, running at 11 p.m. The first season, shot over the course of two years, was filmed by the singer’s filmmaker brother, Lagan Sebert.
MTV programming president Susanne Daniels, announcing the news at the Television Critics Association press tour, also cued up a clip of the singer teasing the events of the second season — which included several enthusiastic screams and the promise of onscreen introductions to her “boyfriends.”
Cyrus’ entry, on the other hand, will be a feature. The hourlong special will follow Cyrus as she preps her new album and delve into the young singer’s transformation from what Daniels described as “Disney princess” to what she is today — a fashion and pop icon.
The Cyrus vehicle will air in the fall and become the latest doc on MTV’s roster, joining previous efforts featuring Drake and Demi Lovato, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day