- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The comedy from director/executive producer Doug Liman (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Swingers) will open with back-to-back episodes and follow the same launching strategy the cable network used to launch scripted comedy Awkward. The original comedy starring Ashley Rickards premiered at 11 p.m. behind reality ratings heavyweight Teen Mom in July and opened to 1.7 million viewers.
I Just Want My Pants Back, based on the book by David J. Rosen, revolves around Jason Strider (Peter Vack), who puts hanging with friends, going to bars and hooking up above his entry level job. It isn’t until a one-night stand steals his heart — and his pants — until he begins a quest to get his beloved jeans — and the girl back, while also growing up along the way. The series co-stars Kim Shaw, Jordan Carlos, Sunkrish Bala and Elisabeth Hower, with Chris Parnell guest starring.
Executive producers David Rosen, Liman and David Bartis preview the series in a clip exclusive to THR where Rosen explains the origins of Pants and why they opted to film in New York. Watch the clip above and the teaser for the series on MTV.com. The series is a co-production with MTV and Universal Cable Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day