- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The faux-lesbian comedy has enlisted Yvette Monreal and Keith Powers for recurring roles on the series from showrunner Carter Covington, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In season two, everyone is faced with a dilemma that forces them to tell the truth or keep a secret. Best friends Amy (Rita Volk) and Karma (Katie Stevens) struggle with figuring out their relationship after Amy revealed her true feelings for Karma.
Monreal (El Rey Network’s Matador) will play Regan, a hip, edgy lesbian with a rebellious streak. She’s a cater-waiter by day and DJ by night who is fiercely out and proud and independent with a husky voice and sexy confidence who supports herself and her music career with odd jobs. The casting keeps Monreal in the MTV family after a small role on Awkward.
Powers (Pretty Little Liars) is set as the Theo, a friend of Liam’s (Gregg Sulkin) who is full of Texas swagger. He’s a laid-back guy’s guy who enjoys working on cars, playing pool and making girls blush. He’ll also spark with Lauren (Bailey Buntain). The actor is currently filming NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton as Dr. Dre’s younger brother. He’s repped by HRI Talent and Luber Roklin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day