- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV is readying the launch of Generation Cryo.
The new effort, which explores the issues faced by young people conceived through anonymous sperm donation, will launch on Monday, Nov. 25, at 10 p.m. ET/PT, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The six-episode, one-hour docu-series follows the journey of 17-year-old Breeanna, who recently learned that she and at least 15 half-siblings were fathered by the same sperm donor.
A two-minute trailer highlighting Breeanna’s story of being raised by two moms also debuted along with the announcement. Through the Donor Sibling Registry, Breeanna connects with her new siblings, and they embark on a mission to find their donor.
Their search brings up some heated debates. “This guy, he ain’t family,” one of the parents declares, while one of Breeanna’s half-siblings asks, “I have my own dad. Why do I need to even think about this guy?”
Get More: MTV Shows
Generation Cryo will also air on MTV’s international channels in March 2014.
The series is produced by Off the Fence, with Michael Lang, Ellen Windemuth, Marshall Eisen, Nomi Ernst Leidner, Betsy Forhan and Dave Sirulnick executive producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day