- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
MTV’s U.S. adaptation of Skins debuted strong Monday night at 10 p.m.
Drawing 3.3 million viewers, Skins also snagged MTV’s highest rating for a new scripted series in the network’s key 12-34 demo, a 3.4, which translates to roughly 2.7 million.
Compared to similar fare, MTV says that Skins‘ demo rating was higher than the launches of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars (2.2; premiered June 8, 2010), and the CW’s Gossip Girl (2.3; premiered Sept. 17, 2007), 90210 (2.7; premiered Sept. 2, 2008) and The Vampire Diaries (2.4 rating; premiered Sept. 1, 2009), just to name a few.
On Twitter, Skins was the No. 2 trending topic.
The U.K. series, of which the MTV show is based on, will premiere its fifth season later this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Sydney Sweeney Says Two Family Members Turned Off ‘Euphoria’ and “Walked Out” of the Room
‘Dave’ Breakout Tenea Intriago on Playing a Stalker Opposite Brad Pitt and Finding Humanity in Villains
‘Dear Mama’ Director Allen Hughes on Tupac Shakur’s Legacy: “He Lived More in a Day Than Most in a Year”