- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Viacom-owned cable network has enlisted social media star Liza Koshy to provide on-air hosting duties to its forthcoming TLR revival set to launch in October. The gig is part of a larger first-look overall deal with Koshy, who also will develop new projects for the cable network. The pact will see Koshy appear periodically on MTV throughout the year.
Koshy has nearly 10.8 million subscribers to her YouTube channel, 13.1 million followers on Instagram, 1.1 million on Twitter and 2.2 million on Facebook. She is the fastest YouTube personality thus far to reach 10 million subscribers.
In addition to her weekly YouTube postings, Koshy can currently be seen in Hulu’s Freakish as well as Tyler Perry’s A Madea Halloween. The TRL gig comes after she previously hosted the 2017 Golden Globes’ live preshow on Twitter.
MTV’s TRL reboot will bow Oct. 2 and feature multiple hosts including rapper-comedian DC Young Fly, Chicago radio host Erik Zachary, DJ-actress Amy Pham, TV personality Lawrence Jackson and writer-producer Tamara Dhia. It will be broadcast from its new studio in Times Square as part of MTV’s live push under network president Chris McCarthy.
Koshy is repped by CAA, Carter Media Group and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day