- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV has set the premiere date for docu-series Washington Heights.
The 11-episode hourlong series, set in the vibrant and diverse New York neighborhood Washington Heights, will debut with two back-to-back episodes 10 p.m. Jan. 9. The series follows nine best friends from the area as they navigate the obstacles in their way of individual pursuits.
“Washington Heights is an honest, intimate and entertaining look inside the lives, spirit and hustle of a unique group of individuals as they strive to pursue their passions,” said Chris Linn, evp programming and head of production at MTV. “The show celebrates their friendship, neighborhood pride and mutual support as they make their mark – even when the challenges are great. We are optimistic that the stories of this incredibly appealing cast will connect with our audience in a deep and meaningful way.”
Washington Heights is produced by Gigantic! Productions. Cheryl Horner Sirulnick, George McTeague and Patrick Reardon are executive producers, with Linn, Shannon Fitzgerald, Christy Spitzer, Beck Hickey, Craig Sloane and Jim Czarnecki.
The series will alr internationally on MTV networks next year.
Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day