- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is mixing My So-Called Life with Desperate Housewives.
The network has picked up Confessions of a Contractor, an hourlong drama project from My So-Called Life producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick.
The project, which will be penned by Desperate Housewives writer/executive producer Tom Spezialy, is described as an alternative soap that focuses on what happens when you mix desire, jealousy and home renovation.
Fox has ordered a script with a penalty attached for the 20th Century Fox Television drama, which is based on the Richard Murphy novel of the same name.
Beyond the short-lived and critically praised Life, Herskovitz and Zwick’s credits include Once and Again, thirtysomething and the short-lived web series-turned-NBC experiment Quarterlife. On the feature side, their credits include Love and Other Drugs, Blood Diamond and The Last Samurai.
Spezialy’s résumé also includes Reaper, Dead Like Me and Ed.
Herskovitz and Zwick are repped by CAA; Spezialy is repped by Jamie Mandelbaum at Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show