- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How’s this for a powerhouse producing combo: Fresh Off the Boat showrunner Nahnatchka Khan is teaming with Son of Zorn showrunner Sally Bradford McKenna for a high-concept Fox comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The untitled single-camera workplace comedy is set within a mysterious company that claims to help change people’s lives — but in unconventional and sometimes even disturbing ways.
McKenna will pen the script and executive produce alongside Khan. The comedy hails from 20th Century Fox Television, where both are under overall deals. The project landed at Fox with a script plus significant penalty attached.
The McKenna comedy is the latest sale to come from Khan’s Fierce Baby Productions, which inked a pod deal with 20th TV in July. Khan also is reteaming with Fresh Off the Boat‘s Kourtney Kang for a mixed-race comedy set up at NBC with Fred Savage attached to direct. That project landed at NBC with a hefty put-pilot commitment attached.
Fresh Off the Boat, produced by 20th TV, is in its third season at ABC, where it is part of the network’s Tuesday comedy lineup. Freshman animated/live-action hybrid comedy Zorn is holding its own on Sundays on Fox.
Khan (Don’t Trust the B— in Apt. 23) is repped by WME. McKenna is with UTA and David Matlof.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day