- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tonya Harding may have been a highlight of Sunday’s Golden Globes, but she’s not the only 1994 Olympic figure skater spending time in Hollywood these days. Nancy Kerrigan recently filmed an appearance on Fresh Off the Boat.
Fresh Off the Boat has been diving deeper into the late 1990s, and Kerrigan’s episode is set against the backdrop of the 1998 Nagano Games. Characters Jessica (Constance Wu) and Honey (Chelsey Crisp) suspect a conspiracy and turn to Kerrigan, playing herself, for counsel. Naturally!
Kerrigan doesn’t have a particularly long IMDb profile — perhaps related to her infamous 1994 Saturday Night Live appearance — but she has been doing more of late. Early 2017 saw Kerrigan compete on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, placing sixth.
Her Boat episode airs Jan. 30, just in time for the real Winter Olympics in PyeongChang.
The turn on the Fresh Off the Boat comes as the story of Kerrigan’s shocking 1994 clubbing and subsequent Olympic return is again media fodder, retold in awards season flick I, Tonya. (Allison Janney took home a Golden Globe for her role in the film as Harding’s mom.)
Other guest stars lined up for future episodes of Fresh Off the Boat include Tig Notaro, Angela Kinsey and Connie Chung.