- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Naomi and Adam Scott are poised to explore the world of marijuana for NBC.
The couple has set up scripted comedy Buds at NBC, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The comedy, which received a script commitment, revolves around the day-to-day operations of a marijuana dispensary in Denver, Colo. It marks the first sale for the Parks and Recreation star and his producer-wife under their Gettin’ Rad Productions’ two-year first-look deal with Universal Television.
Parks and Recreation‘s Joe Mande — also a successful stand-up comedian and Twitter sensation — will pen the script and executive produce alongside Naomi and Adam Scott. It keeps Scott and Mande in business with the network and studio following next week’s series finale of the veteran comedy starring Amy Poehler.
Gettin’ Rad recently teamed with the red-hot Duplass brothers on the Sundance standout The Overnight, which sold to Orchard Films. On the TV side, the company also has four incarnations of Adult Swim’s viral specials Greatest Event in Television History.
On the acting side, Scott will wrap up NBC’s Parks and Rec and next appear in Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
Gettin’ Rad is repped by WME and Mosiac. Mande is with CAA and Mosiac.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day