- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Moonlight and Skyfall actress will play “a brilliant scientist and engineer who must conquer her own demons in the race to save two worlds.”
The project is based on a novel by Walter Tevis and the 1976 film that starred David Bowie.
This version will follow a new alien character (Chiwetel Ejiofor) “who arrives on Earth at a turning point in human evolution and must confront his own past to determine our future.”
Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet are writing and executive producing the series and with executive producer John Hlavin will serve as showrunners. Kurtzman will also direct multiple episodes of the series.
“To be working with an actor of Naomie’s caliber is an absolute dream,” said Kurtzman, Lumet and Hlavin said in a statement. “Her strength, her complexity and her bold artistic choices are an inspiration. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have her on board.”
Harris will next be seen in Venom 2 and will also reprise her role as Eve Moneypenny in the Bond film No Time to Die.
The series is expected to begin filming in London this spring and will air on Showtime in 2022.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day