- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Napoleon Dynamite‘s Jon Heder is returning to Fox.
The actor has been tapped to star in the network’s Ricky Blitt comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Known as Here’s Your Damn Family, the multicamera comedy centers on a mother (The Middle‘s Jane Kaczmarek) who, after being single for two decades, traumatizes her stunted 30-something son with a surprise: She just got married and her new husband (JAG‘s David James Elliott) and his three teenage children are about to move in.
Heder will play Richard, the son who is described as a rare combination of intense intelligence and sloth-like underachievement.
The casting marks Heder’s first as a TV series regular since he voiced the lead role in Fox’s animated remake based on Napoleon Dynamite. His credits include Dead Grandma, Robot Chicken and My Name Is Earl. On the feature side, Heder has Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well on Ganymede, Insanity Please and Walt Before Mickey. He’s repped by Gersh and Mosaic.
From Warner Bros. Television, Wonder Monkey and Candy Bar Productions, Blitt (Becoming Glen) will pen the script and executive produce alongside Steve McPherson and The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day