- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The competition for Deacon’s services may have just added another player on ABC’s Nashville.
True Blood alum Daniel Buran has booked a recurring role on the freshman musical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Buran will recur on the Connie Britton/Hayden Panettiere series as Cy, the lead singer of a Bon Jovi-like rock band that’s selling out concerts worldwide who’s shopping for another guitar player to add to their sound.
With Deacon (Charles Esten) clinging to hope that Rayna (Britton) goes through with her intimate tour and Juliette (Panettiere) wanting him exclusively for her set — and beyond — Cy could be an easy solution to that problem.
Buran most recently played werewolf packmaster of Shreveport Marcus Bozeman on True Blood. His credits also include Dexter, CSI: NY, Southland and Criminal Minds. He’s repped by Caliber Media, Leverage and Ginsburg Daniels.
Buran joins recently announced recurring player Wyclef Jean, who will play the head of a music label on Nashville, which is awaiting word on its future at ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day