- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nasim Pedrad is moving to TBS.
The Saturday Night Live alum has joined the cast of the Turner-owned cable network’s alien comedy People of Earth.
Pedrad, who will be a series regular starting with the second season, will play special agent Alex Foster, a smart, dedicated FBI investigator getting a second chance after recently being disgraced. Alex comes to Beacon on the hunt for local newspaper owner Jonathan Walsh (Michael Cassidy), who is wanted for white-collar crimes.
She joins a cast that also includes Wyatt Cenac, Ana Gasteyer, Oscar Nunez, Alice Wetterlund, Luka Jones, Brian Huskey, Nancy Lenehan, Tracee Chimo, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Bjorn Gustafsson and Ken Hall.
People of Earth, about a group of alien abductees — or “experiencers” — living in the small town of Beacon, N.Y., hails from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco, Turner’s Studio T and exec producers O’Brien, Daniels, David Jenkins and showrunner Norm Hiscock.
Pedrad’s credits include SNL, Fox’s Scream Queens and the network’s passed-over comedy pilot Chad. She’s repped by CAA. Season two of People of Earth returns in the summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Friends: The Reunion