- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s freshman comedy Malibu Country has a new leader at its top.
Retired at 35 and According to Jim producer Nastaran Dibai has been tapped showrunner of the Reba McEntire comedy.
Dibani joined the series as a co-executive producer following the pilot and follows creator Kevin Abbott as showrunner of the comedy co-starring Lily Tomlin. Abbott exited the series — as well as ABC’s sophomore Tim Allen vehicle Last Man Standing — earlier this fall when he entered rehab.
Abbott will rejoin Last Man Standing as an executive producer now that he has completed his treatment.
Malibu marks the first showrunner gig for Dibani, whose credits also include Happily Divorced, Rita Rocks and Jesse. She’s repped by WME.
Malibu premiered strong last week as part of ABC’s revitalized TGIF lineup, collecting a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us