- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nat Geo has already assassinated two presidents (Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy) in its growing scripted efforts, but this spring it goes a little further back into history with Killing Jesus.
The third adaptation in the series of books from Fox News personality Bill O’Reilly and co-scribe Martin Dugard, the telepic wrapped shooting in Morocco in November. Now, the cable network has put out a first look with a behind-the-scenes trailer — set to officially bow for television critics later on Wednesday.
Skirting the traditional treatment of Jesus’ death, the book and movie focus more on political machinations than biblical miracles.
“Obviously, the biblical story has been told and told again,” says executive producer David Zucker. “But we [tried] to get a perspective looking at the conspiratorial, social and political realities at the time that coalesced and resulted in crucifixion.”
Killing Jesus stars Haaz Sleiman, Kelsey Grammer, Stephen Moyer and Emmanuelle Chriqui.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day