- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After appearing on the Today show (where he said he lied for Wagner during previous recounts of the evening), Davern sat down with CNN to tell his side of the mysterious story surrounding Wood’s 1981 death. On Thursday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department announced it would be reopening its investigation case due to new information that has emerged.
In his CNN appearance, Davern said he was asked by Wagner not to turn on the boat’s search light or call a nearby restaurant after Wood went missing from their boat off the coast of Southern California’s Catalina Island.
He also indicated Wood and Wagner, who had been fighting due to Wagner’s jealousy over his wife’s apparently closeness with Brainstorm co-star Christopher Walkin (who was also onboard), took their fight to the ship’s aft deck before things went silent.
The actress’ bruised body was later found in the ocean about a mile from their boat.
Wagner has maintained Wood went to bed and when he later came below deck, she was gone.
Davern also co-wrote a book, Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour in 2009, detailing his account of the events.
Watch his CNN appearance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro