- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live‘s official Twitter account on Saturday announced that it will be re-airing an episode from 1978 which the late Carrie Fisher hosted not long after becoming a household name in Star Wars.
Tonight’s #SNLVintage at 10/9c:
November 18, 1978 with host Carrie Fisher and musical guest The Blues Brothers
— Saturday Night Live (@nbcsnl) January 14, 2017
Fisher opened the show dressed as her Princess Leia character from the 1977 film and also appeared in a beach party skit in character as Leia as she refused the advances of a lothario in the form of Bill Murray.
The episode also featured a musical performance by The Blues Brothers (John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd), whom Fisher starred alongside in the 1980 movie version of the musical duo’s “mission from God.”
The 1978 installment will run at 10 p.m. ET/PT Saturday before the first new episode of SNL in the new year hosted by Rogue One star Felicity Jones, which airs at 11:30 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day