- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC is looking for another family comedy.
The network has picked up a script called Us & Him, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Written by Jake Wilson and Sas Goldberg, the comedy is based on their lives and centers on two co-dependent best friends who must come to terms with change brought on by marriage and family starting to get in the way of their relationship.
Wilson and Goldberg will pen the script and executive produce the Sony Pictures Television comedy. Will Gluck and Richie Schwartz will exec produce via their studio-based Olive Bridge Entertainment banner.
Last year, Wilson and Goldberg co-wrote and co-starred in their first feature, Are You Joking? Wilson directed the pic, which was distributed this fall by New Wave Entertainment. This past summer, Goldberg also starred in Joshua Harmon’s play Significant Other. For his part, Wilson created and starred in musical web series The Battery’s Down.
Wilson and Goldberg are repped by ICM Partners, Rise Management and Jackoway Tyerman.
Gluck and Schwartz are repped by UTA and Sloane Offer.
Family fare has been in high demand this development season as broadcast networks look to illustrate new takes on the classic genre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day