- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC has found its Problem Child.
The Michael J. Fox Show alum Jack Gore has been tapped to take on the role in the network’s adaption of the 1990 John Ritter movie, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. (Michael Oliver played the role in the original.)
NBC’s single-camera entry explores the cat-and-mouse game between a set of parents and their brilliant but mischievous child.
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
Gore will play Bishop Martin, the son of Casey (Erinn Hayes, Childrens Hospital) and Ed, who is known for causing trouble. He thinks the system is set up to work against him and that you have to fight back. He views adults as opponents, not enemies, and does not believe in the word no.
See more The Faces of Pilot Season 2015
The Hangover Part II‘s Scot Armstrong will pen the script and executive produce the Universal Television, TBD Entertainment, Imagine TV and STX Entertainment single-camera comedy. Peter Traugott, Rachel Kaplan, Brian Grazer and Robert Simonds also exec produce.
Gore played Fox’s son on NBC’s short-lived comedy and is recurring on DirecTV’s Billy & Billie. He made his feature debut in Sundance’s We Are What We Are. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day