- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now, Morgan has The Intersect and things are quite different. And while the team is still trying to figure out his role on missions, Morgan can feel his new abilities coursing through his veins and he still finds inventive ways to insert himself in the team’s missions.
With Chuck in its final season, Gomez is also looking to the future as the series veers toward its conclusion. He’s keeping himself busy writing and producing some of his own material.
“I already have a few projects in the works,” he tells The Hollywood Reporter. “Maybe I’ll even get ridiculously lucky and sell something.”
Gomez agreed to let THR’s readers in on a few little known facts about him in a guest blog. Here are five things you didn’t know about the Chuck star.
1. From a young age, I was exposed to performing while my family and I traveled with the National Tour of Beatlemania. My father, Rich Gomez, played George Harrison. His father was also part of [the musical group,] the 1910 Fruitgum Company. I love listening to and writing music. When people ask me what my back-up plan was in case acting hadn’t worked out, I told them I wanted to be a musician – which is so much easier! Some of my work was used in an episode of Chuck last season.
2. I’ve been a vegetarian for 22 years. When I started, it was more because of my love of animals, but I have found the health benefits are wonderful, as well.
3. I’m an avid runner and have completed several half marathons. However, eight to 10 miles a day, six to seven days a week, in Vans, on the concrete sidewalks of New York has left me with bum knees. I still enjoy five-mile runs a few times a week, but always make time for stretching before and after. It’s my time to think and unwind.
4. One of my least favorite things in the world is cockroaches, and not just any cockroaches, but New York City roaches, man. They’re the worst. I think they have their own union. And every apartment I lived in was pretty much infested with them. So, my brother, best friend, and I all got tattoos of cockroaches as a sort of a talisman against them. It didn’t really work, not that I expected it to. Oddly enough, I began to admire the little buggers for their perseverance and their survival skills – just like New Yorkers.
5. I went through a couple network tests before landing the role on Chuck. A few years ago, I had an audition I felt particularly excited for: The role of Morgan Grimes on Chuck. I went through not one, but two network tests for the role as the producers wanted to make sure the chemistry between Chuck and Morgan was perfect. And sure enough, Zachary Levi and me hit it off immediately!
By Joshua Gomez.
Chuck airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day