- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exclu: All those NBC shows with full season pickups step forward — not so fast, Chase.
NBC has reduced the order of Jerry Bruckheimer’s action drama from 22 episodes to 18.
The Warner Bros-produced series is currently slated for a midseason run starting Jan. 12, moving from Mondays at 10 p.m. to Wednesdays at 9 p.m. (where it will be introduced to the joy of competing against two-hour American Idol performance shows).
Most industry analysts found NBC’s full-season pickup announcement for the show back in October to be unexpected. Chase has struggled in the ratings, with the most recent episode delivering 6 million viewers and a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.
(To be fair, some in the industry still consider 18 a “full season” order … but it’s more like having three-quarters of a tank of gas rather than having the needle firmly on the “F”).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day