- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC is looking to put some #Winning into its comedy brand.
The network is developing the comedy from longtime friends Ben McMillan, Meredith Philpott and Josh Greenbaum, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Universal Television, the comedy — which received a script commitment — is based on an event from the trio’s real life where their suddenly famous pal broke up with their entire friend group via a form letter, leaving them more determined than ever to “win” at life.
See more Faces of Fall 2014
McMillan and Philpott developed the pitch and will write the script and exec produce alongside Greenbaum and Working Title. Working Title’s Gina Girolamo and Christine Conley brought the project to the studio.
The comedy marks the second sale for hot writer McMillan, who also has CBS comedy All In set up with Will Gluck exec producing.
McMillan is represented by Gersh, Industry Entertainment and Lichter Grossman. Philpott is with ICM Partners, Heroes and Villains, and attorney Gregg Gellman. Greenbaum is at UTA, Management 360 and Lichter Grossman.
The #Winning hashtag was memorably brought to the mainstream by Charlie Sheen following his public clash with Chuck Lorre and ultimate firing from Two and a Half Men.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day