- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC is going pulp.
The network has given a pilot order to Bloodline, a highly stylized pulp thriller in the vein of Kill Bill from Friday Night Lights duo Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey, written by Awake‘s David Graziano.
Bloodline is described as a contemporary pulp thriller revolving around an orphaned young girl named Bird Benson, who because of an accident of birth, is caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is to ever lead a normal life.
Graziano (Lie to Me) will pen the script, with Berg on board to direct the pilot for Film 44 and Universal Television.
The project comes after a busy development season for Berg and Aubrey, who has dramas set up at Fox (Greek Gods effort Olympus) and superhero effort Hench at NBC.
Bloodline joins comedy The Gates and dramas After Hours and The Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives as having secured pilot orders at the network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day