- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
RTL 5 commissioned eight episodes from Endemol Netherlands, marking the first non-U.S. production of the format for Endemol.
The show challenges single men and women looking for love to take on adrenaline-fuelled quests together in a tropical paradise.
It completed its second season on NBC this summer and the U.S. version has so far been distributed to 90 countries internationally.
The deal was inked on the eve of the international television market MIPCOM scheduled to begin in Cannes next month.
Endemol also said the format for social media dating series Coming Soon: Love has been sold to Net 5 in a deal that will see Endemol Netherlands produce 10 primetime episodes launching in October.
The format sees a web-based community of celebrity women embarking on a journey to find love while sharing intimate secrets about their dates and love lives 24/7 via webcams in their homes.
Endemol acquired worldwide rights to Coming Soon: Love last year from Keshet Broadcasting and Ephrati Productions in Israel, where it outperformed the broadcaster’s market share by 11 percent and increased its female audience by more than 100 percent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day