- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
By early 2020, NBC News and MSNBC employees will be based in a brand-new office in Washington, D.C., moving from the company’s Nebraska Avenue headquarters to five floors of a building in Capitol Hill.
NBC News chairman Andy Lack made the announcement during a town hall meeting Thursday, as first reported by Politico.
“Moving from NBC News’ historic Nebraska Avenue location to North Capitol allows us to brand ourselves in Washington in ways we’ve never done before,” Lack said, according to a company source.
Four MSNBC shows are currently shot in D.C., along with Meet the Press on Sunday, and the company will now have the capacity to produce six or more shows.
The company hopes that its more than 350 D.C.-based employees will be in their new digs by Super Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The local NBC station, however, will remain in the Northwest D.C. office.
NBC’s interest in moving to Capitol Hill was first reported more than two years ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day