- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC is hot for Chicago Fire.
The network has ordered five additional scripts for the drama from executive producer Dick Wolf, The Hollywood Reporterhas learned.
The Wednesday night drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department stars Taylor Kinney and Jesse Spencer, most recently posted a 20 percent uptick in the key adults 18-49 demographic after getting off to a slow start. Against fellow freshman (and critical darling) Nashville, Chicago Fire narrowed the demo gap and posted a 1.8 rating on Wednesday.
Helping its case, Lady Gaga has been an avid supporter of her boyfriend Kinney’s series, regularly tweeting about the series to her 30.6 million followers.
The order comes just days after NBC also picked up additional scripts for freshman comedy Guys With Kids.
So far this season, NBC has either granted full-season or additional script orders for all of its freshman series sans comedy Animal Practice, which failed to earn a back-nine and end its run next month. Rookies Revolution, Go On andThe New Normal have all earned full seasons.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day