- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC has elevated Doug Vaughan to executive vp special programs and late-night programing.
As part of the new role, the veteran New York-based exec will add The Tonight Show With Jay Leno to a purview that already includes Saturday Night Live, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and Last Call With Carson Daly. Vaughan will remain responsible for NBC’s specials and now will serve as a liaison between the network’s news and entertainment divisions.
“Doug is in a league of his own when it comes to putting together and nurturing NBC’s entertaining and successful brand of specials,” said Paul Telegdy, NBC’s alternative and late-night programming president, to whom Vaughan will continue to report. “With his experience, versatility in programming and keen eye for worthy projects, he has been a vital asset in overseeing our specials and late night programming and is well-deserving of these responsibilities and recognition.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day