- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC continued its series pickups Thursday, ordering a birthday dramedy from Dan Fogelman.
Picked up and cast off-cycle, This Is Us (formerly 36) marks Fogelman’s second series pickup this season (joining baseball drama Pitch at Fox).
NBC’s hourlong dramedy, from 20th Century Fox TV, is described as a unique ensemble that follows characters all born on the same day. Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia, Justin Hartley and The People v. O.J. Simpson breakout Sterling K. Brown lead the ensemble cast.
The series order marks a mixed week for Fogelman. Fox earlier this week picked up his baseball drama Pitch to series and the network on Thursday canceled first-year comedy Grandfathered. ABC, meanwhile, also canceled Fogelman’s Galavant after two seasons. All told, the prolific producer will still have two series on the air next year — an impressive showing for his first year under a rich overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television. The busy producer will pen the script and exec produce the series.
This Is Us joins fellow NBC pickups for next season including Chicago, Justice, Taken, Powerless, Trial and Error and The Good Place.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day