- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pete Bevacqua is leaving his post as chief executive officer of the Professional Golfers’ Association of America to take on a new role as president of the NBC Sports Group, the company said Tuesday.
As president of NBC Sports Group, a new position, Bevacqua will oversee programming, marketing, digital and the NBC Sports Regional Networks, according to the announcement.
Bevacqua, who will join the company in September, has run the professional golf association since 2012. He will report to Mark Lazarus, who serves as chairman, NBC Broadcasting and Sports, NBCUniversal.
“With the expansion of NBC Sports Group over the last seven years, and our continuing investments in new and existing businesses, adding Pete to our already strong management team will help us organize for future growth,” Lazarus said in a statement. “We are thrilled to have someone with his experience and reputation join our organization.”
Bevacqua, who once served as global head of golf for CAA Sports, said the opportunity to join NBC Sports Group “was too good to be true.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day