- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC rushed into first place Sunday night as broadcast NFL coverage returned for a preseason game.
The Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts match (7.2 million viewers, 2.4 preliminary adults 18 to 49 rating and a 7 share) was up 26% from a comparable year-ago game, though the numbers may shift in the nationals due to the nature of measuring live TV. Still, a repeat of Fox’s “Family Guy” (5.5 million, 2.5/7) was the highest-rated program.
Despite the increased competition, CBS’ “Big Brother” (6.7 million, 2.3/7) had its highest-rated Sunday episode this season — up 15% from last week. ABC’s reality series “High School Musical” (3 million, 0.9/3) sunk a tenth, however.
Overall: NBC won with football and “Dateline” (5.3 million, 1.4/5), followed by Fox airing repeats, CBS airing repeats, “Brother” and “60 Minutes” (8 million, 1.2/4) and ABC airing repeats and “Musical.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day