- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Fallon is not long for his extremely late time slot. The Late Show host makes his official debut as the new face of The Tonight Show on Feb. 17, after Jay Leno‘s exit, and NBC is not waiting until the Winter Olympics to promote the changing of the guard.
Ahead of Fallon’s return to former stomping ground Saturday Night Live on Dec. 21, the comedian tweeted the new Tonight Show logo for his upcoming reign. A simple font over the silhouette of the moon, the new logo also heralds the longtime series’ move back to New York City from Burbank, Calif.
NBC is also hoping to raise awareness for Jimmy’s move with a two-hour primetime special on Sunday, Jan. 5. Filling the gaping hole left by Sunday Night Football, The Best of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon will look back on the nearly five years that Fallon has toplined the show since Conan O’Brien‘s departure.
Details were slim on what to expect from the special, but viewers can likely anticipate a strong showing from the many musical numbers and comedy sketches that have gone viral over the years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day