- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s summer 2015 plans are beginning to take shape.
The network has renewed culinary competition series Food Fighters for a second season and summer 2015 return, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Hosted by Adam Richman, the culinary series pits amateur cooks against professional chefs. During its summer 2014 run, Food Fighters delivered the biggest regularly scheduled week-one to week-two gain among adults 18-49 for any new series on the Big 4 networks in more than two years.
The show is exec produced by Ben Silverman, Tim Puntillo and Chris Grant.
Food Fighters likely will be part of a summer roster that features low-cost unscripted series and Canadian imports. The network has comedy import Welcome to Sweden already renewed for a second season as well as unscripted staples Last Comic Standing, American Ninja Warrior and America’s Got Talent.
Meanwhile, Electus International is handling Food Fighters‘ international rollout and has closed deals in many of the world’s major markets.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day