- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s summer reality hit Hollywood Game Night is getting a reward for its good (ratings) behavior.
The network has ordered a holiday special of the Jane Lynch-hosted celebrity competition series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The special will air Monday, Dec. 2 at 10 p.m. and feature guests Ray Romano, Cheryl Hines, Gavin DeGraw, Rachel Bilson, Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker competing in party games based on the format created by Sean Hayes‘ famed party nights. The special will air following a two-hour episode of The Voice.
Additional episodes of Hollywood Game Night will return in 2014.
The move comes after NBC renewed the Hazy Mills Productions entry for a second season consisting of 10 episodes. Production is already under way on the holiday special and season two episodes.
The Hollywood Game Night special comes as NBC will bow holiday fare starting Nov. 27 with a Saturday Night Live Thanksgiving special and Dec. 4 with a two-hour Christmas special. That will be followed by NBC’s live Sound of Music telecast (Dec. 5) and specials featuring Kelly Clarkson (Dec. 11) and Michael Buble (Dec. 18).
A return date for the second season of Hollywood Game Night has not yet been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day