- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Weekend Today news anchor Jenna Wolfe is leaving the Saturday and Sunday morning editions of NBC’s morning show to take on a new role on the weekday show and with NBC News.
Wolfe has been named Today‘s first lifestyle and fitness correspondent, covering everything from healthy living and wellness to strength and body improvement.
She will begin her new role on the weekday edition of Today on Sept. 19.
She will also serve as a national correspondent for NBC News.
“This new role is tailor-made for Jenna,” said NBC News president Deborah Turness in a statement. “Anyone who has seen her health and fitness segments on Today, as well as her reporting across all of our platforms, knows what a brilliant expert she is and how passionate she is about the topic.”
Wolfe appeared on Friday’s Today, where her new role was announced, saying that she was looking forward to her new schedule.
“I’ve done weekends now for what feels like 108 years,” she said. “So I’m finally going to know what a Friday night is like after 6 p.m.”
Wolfe has been a part of Today‘s weekend edition since 2007, serving as co-anchor from 2007-2012 and most recently as news anchor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day