- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Love Bites is finally coming to TV screens.
The romantic comedy anthology series, starring Ugly Betty vet Becki Newton, will premiere Thursday, June 2 at 10 p.m. for a nine-week summer run, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
The Thursday slot is the same time period NBC had set for the show when it announced its fall schedule nearly a year ago, when Love Bites was supposed to premiere in September. But due to several different factors including Newton’s pregnancy, NBC opted to bench the series before its scheduled debut, airing The Apprentice in its place.
Newton, who was supposed to lead the series with Jordana Spiro, is currently cast in the untitled Jeff and Jackie Filgo project for CBS, so the likelihood of Love Bites returning for a second round — should it do well in the ratings — is low. Spiro, whose role was reduced due to TBS’ My Boys (which ended up getting the axe), is starring in ABC comedy pilot Lost and Found and co-star Greg Grunberg is toplining A&E pilot Big Mike. The show also stars Constance Zimmer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day