- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC has found Peter Pan Live‘s Mrs. Darling.
Five-time Tony nominee Kelli O’Hara has been tapped to play the wife to George Darling and the mother to Wendy, John and Michael, the network announced Tuesday.
O’Hara earned five Tony nominations in the past three years for her work in The Bridges of Madison County, Nice Work If You Can Get It, South Pacific, The Pajama Game and The Light in the Piazza. She next makes her opera debut on Dec. 31 at New York’s Metropolitan Opera co-starring in Franz Lehar‘s The Merry Widow.
She joins a cast that includes Christopher Walken as Captain Hook and Girls star Allison Williams as the boy who won’t grow up. Smash‘s Christian Borle will play both Smee and George Darling.
NBC also announced that the production team behind The Sound of Music Live will return for Peter Pan. Joining executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are director Rob Ashford, director for live TV Glenn Weiss, David Chase as musical director, production designer Derek McLane, costume designer Catherine Zuber and lighting designer Robert A. Dickinson.
Peter Pan airs live Dec. 4 on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day