- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ NCIS spinoff set in New Orleans has found its female lead.
JAG alum Zoe McLellan will play Special Agent Brody, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The character is described as a Midwestern transplant and the show’s fish-out-of-water. Brody arrives in New Orleans looking for a fresh start and a safe haven to heal old wounds.
Set to air in the spring, the two-part planted pilot centers on the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave — and with fun comes trouble.
NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon will executive produce the spinoff. Looking‘s Scott Bakula will star as Special Agent Pride.
For her part, McLellan, whose credits include Dirty Sexy Money, played Jennifer Coates on seasons seven through 10 of JAG; NCIS started as a backdoor pilot from that offshoot of the CBS drama. The actress is repped by Domain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day