- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
USA’s Necessary Roughness is giving Callie Thorne‘s Dani some support.
The drama has added Karissa Lee Staples as a series regular for its upcoming third season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Staples, best known for starring in the Canadian sitcom What’s Up Warthogs! will play Paloma, the assistant to Thorne’s Dr. Dani Santino. The character, described as equal parts charming and ambitious, joins the series as a woman transitioning from sorority president to high-power businesswoman who is determined to help Dani run her practice — whether she wants the help or not. However, the motivated assistant has an agenda of her own.
For Staples, repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management, the role marks her first U.S. series regular gig after a 2010 guest turn on The CW’s 90210. She joins a cast that also includes new players John Stamos and Once Upon a Time‘s David Anders, who will both have major recurring roles when Necessary Roughness returns in the summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day