- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ready for some football?
Necessary Roughness is recruiting the help of Super Bowl winner and two-time Pro Bowler Joe Theismann, the Washington Redskins’ former star quarterback, for a cameo, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. He will play himself.
In the 16th episode of season two airing this winter, Theismann expresses interest in getting involved in the management side of the New York Hawks football team.
Theismann, who played for the Redskins from 1974-85 after a stint in the Canadian Football League, filmed the guest spot Monday on the Atlanta set. In Super Bowl XVII in 1983, he led the Redskins over the Miami Dolphins with a 27-17 victory.
He wouldn’t be the first NFL star to drop by Necessary Roughness, but the first to play himself. Terrell Owens filmed a handful of episodes as TK’s (Mehcad Brooks) main rival Kevin “The Minefield” Minnifield.
Necessary Roughness airs 10 p.m. Wednesdays on USA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day