- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Secret Life of the American Teenager’s Austin Stowell may be returning to television on Ned Fox Is My Manny.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the actor has been cast in the Fox pilot as a guest star and recurring role if the network picks up the series.
Stowell plays Ryan, who lead character Kate (formerly played by Saturday Night Live’s Abby Elliott) used to have a major crush on and reunites with for a disastrous date 10 years later.
The pilot, which follows single mother Kate whose brother, Ned (Oscar-winning The Descendants writer Nat Faxon), moves in to help her raise her baby. The cast also includes Lucy Punch, Maggie Jones, and Echo Kellum.
From writer and executive producer Dana Fox, 20th Century Fox Television and Chernin Entertainment, the single-camera comedy’s pilot episode will be directed by Jake Kasdan.
Stowell played Jesse on ABC Family’s Secret Life. He has also appeared on 90210, Secret Girlfriend, and NCIS: Los Angeles. His movie credits include Dolphin Tale and the upcoming film, AWOL, starring The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth.
He is repped by CAA and Justice and Ponder.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day